Sri Lanka Visa for Papua New Guinea citizens
Sri Lanka is an island country in the Indian Ocean with rich nature, gorgeous beaches, comfortable hotels. Almost the entire territory of the island is plains, only in the center is a mountainous terrain, formed not so long ago.
Sri Lanka is characterized by a quiet, relaxing holiday for people who are not in a hurry, but really want to relax.
Sri Lanka visa for Papua New Guinea citizens is required to cross the border of this country. Recently, permission to visit Sri Lanka (eTA) can be obtained in advance online, without the need to visit a consulate or visa center.
The electronic visa is called ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization), and it does not need to be pasted into the passport.
When can I get an eTA?
A short-term electronic visa can be obtained for the following purposes of the visit:
- Tourism (vacation, sightseeing, visiting friends and relatives, treatment, yoga, Ayurveda, participation in sports or cultural events).
- Business visits (conferences and seminars, business meetings and negotiations, short training courses, religious events, as well as events related to art or music).
- Transit (transfer to another flight at one of the airports located in Ceylon).
How to fill out an eTA application?
The easiest way to obtain an electronic visa to Sri Lanka is to fill out it yourself on the website https://visa-sri-lanka.com/. To do this, you need to select your language and click on the “Submit” button.
You will see a page confirming your acceptance of the eTA.
Click “I Agree” to agree to the rules. Then you need to choose the purpose of your trip on the left side of the site. Tourism or transit: individual application, group, or filling out a questionnaire for another person. Click on the top “Apply for an Individual” link to fill out an e-visa application form for tourism on your own.
After that, you must enter your personal data. If necessary, add information about the children entered in your passport who will travel with you. Children with their own passports must fill out their application forms.
At the final stage, check the correctness of the entered data and click “Confirm”, if everything is correct.
In the case of confirmation of the issuance of an electronic visa to you, a corresponding message will be sent by email. Usually, answers come within 10 minutes. In case of refusal, you will receive a refusal notice, and you will need to contact the nearest embassy of Sri Lanka.
What should a tourist and traveler take with them on a trip to Sri Lanka?
So, the tickets have already been bought, and the departure date is already known to you. It’s time to pack your bags! Keep in mind that when you return home, there should be enough space in your suitcases.
Because you will probably want to treat your friends and relatives with tropical fruits, bring souvenirs, tea, oils, spices and other exotic things with you.
The list of the most necessary for traveling to Ceylon includes:
- Clothing: swimwear, swimming trunks, 2-3 favorite light dresses/sundresses, T-shirt, underwear, a pair of handkerchiefs.
- Cosmetics and hygiene: decorative cosmetics in the minimum required quantities. The climate is hot and humid – heavy makeup will flow; washcloth, towel, mosquito repellent (local remedies are not very effective).
- First aid kit. In local pharmacies, you can theoretically buy something without a prescription, but it will be difficult to explain what you need. Therefore, it is better to take essentials with you.
- The most important thing: Passports, documents, money (it’s best to take dollars, and at the airport immediately change the part to rupees, preferably with smaller denominations), camera, camera, phone/tablet/laptop, charging/batteries.
Popular regions of Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is a small country, but every tourist will choose a vacation here: famous tea plantations, green jungle, chic beaches, night clubs, national parks, Buddhist temples, and much more.
All tourist regions of the island can be divided into beach and excursion. Beach – this is Negombo, Arugam Bay, Hikkaduwa, Bentota, Unawatuna, Weligama, Trincomalee. Excursion – Colombo, Sigiriya, Galle, Kandy, Adam’s Peak.