This website allows you to apply and register your obligatory ETA before traveling to Sri Lanka. Our service assists you through the ETA process and response to each inquiry regarding the form and related issues. The applying process can take up to 72 hours. Notice: We are an agency not affiliated to the Government website. Our Agency helps individuals and legal entities with their administrative travel paperwork.
ETA Sri Lanka
The government of Sri Lanka has provided a system allowing its visitors to obtain an authorization approved by the government entirely online. In contrary to the majority of countries that prefer to grant electronic visas, the Immigration Department chooses to provide an even more convenient system, an elecronic travel authorization to Sri Lanka. Once your application is approved, you will be notified via email. Despite the common belief that each person needs to carry an additional document (as if it were an eVisa to Sri Lanka), an ETA is electronically assigned to the passport number provided in the application. It is no longer required to apply for a regular visa for Sri Lanka. Citizens of countries included in the ETA program, who are eligible to apply online for ETA to Sri Lanka, will not be charged with any additional visa-fees at the border.
Who requires an ETA Sri Lanka?
Each person who wishes to enter the country territory is obliged to apply for a visa for Sri Lanka. The nationalities that have been included in the ETA program can apply online instead of having to make an appointment with the closest Embassy or a consulate. The selected nationalities are entitled to apply for an electronic travel authorization instead of a regular visa to Sri Lanka. Neither of the abovementioned enables the application to any labor activities.
An ETA to Sri Lanka enables tourists, business visitors, and those who intend to transit through the country to obtain proper authorization within a few minutes. The government advises applying online with at least a day advance. It's a significant convenience and development since to obtain a visa for Sri Lanka; each person needed to make arrangements with the Embassy even with a month in advance.
How to get an ETA Sri Lanka?
To apply for a Sri Lankan ETA, you won't be needing more than just a few spare minutes. To complete an online form, it's advised for the applicant to prepare three things before beginning the process. Since the entire process must be carried out online, it's essential for the person intending to visit Sri Lanka, to own a device with Internet access. It might be a cell phone, as well as a laptop or tablet. The most crucial document required during traveling abroad is a passport. It's recommended to have the original physical form of it on hand while completing an online form. Some of the information you will be requested form has been noted in your passport. If you compare the data you put into your online form with your document, you are less likely to have any spelling or other errors. Finally, to complete your application, you will need your credit card with the most convenient payment method.
The process of applying for a Sri Lankan ETA consists of 2 steps. In the first one, you will be compelled to provide all information you will request in the online form. Prepare to put in the most basic information like your name and surname, as well as your contact details and travel details such as your departure date, or intended duration of stay. In this part, you will also be requested to provide the information noted on the biodata page of your passport. Ensure that you provide a valid number of documents since your Sir Lankan ETA will be electronically assigned to it. It is not required by the government to attach a copy or a scan of your passports' biodata page, which makes providing valid information, free of any spelling errors crucial. Once you have completed the first stage of applying online for an electronic travel authorization, you will be transferred to the next step. The final stage of using online consists of conducting an online payment. There'll be plenty of options available for the applicant to choose from.
- An ETA to Sri Lanka remains valid for six months from the date of issue;
- Each time you cross the Sri Lankan border, you will be entitled to stay up to 30 days;
- An ETA to Sri Lanka authorizes two entries on the country territory. The second one has to take place within 30 days from the previous departure date from the country territory;
- Applying with at least 24 hours advance is recommended since the government reserves that time frame to process an application;
- Once your application for an ETA for Sri Lanka will be approved, it will be electronically assigned to your passport; therefore, there is no need for you to print it out and carry with you to the airport.
- Each person who wishes to apply online instead of a regular visa to Sri Lanka needs to ensure that the passports' validity exceeds six months from the intended date of entry;
- f you need to extend your stay, you can do so at the Immigration Office in Colombo for up to 6 months.
Benefits of using our ETA Sri Lanka online service
- While applying with us, you get a trained customer service available to answer all inquiries seven days per week;
- Every page is translated to your mother tongue to make the entire process as convenient as possible;
- If you experience any technical or other difficulties, you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org;
- If you were ever to lose the confirmation of your approved ETA Sri Lanka, we can always retrieve the document and send it once again directly to your inbox;
- On the contrary to the regular visa to Sri Lanka, we will provide you with an electronic authorization, which doesn't need to be stuck to your passport or printed out as in the case of Sri Lankan visa.