Sri Lanka Visa From Dubai – How to obtain?
Sri Lanka offers several types of visas that cater to a wide range of travelers. In this article, we look at the eligibility requirements for Sri Lanka visa from Dubai as well as the different types of Sri Lankan visas.
All business or holiday travelers to Sri Lanka are required to have a valid Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) before entering Sri Lanka.
- Eligibility Requirements For Sri Lanka Visa From Dubai
- Visa Exemptions
- Types of Sri Lankan Visas For Travelers From Dubai
This requirement applies to all nationalities with a few exemptions that include nationals of the following countries:
- Republic of Maldives
- Republic of Singapore
- Republic of Seychelles
The Department of Immigration & Emigration has the competent authority to issue a Sri Lankan visa.
The Sri Lankan diplomatic mission in Dubai also has the authority to issue visas on behalf of the Department of Immigration & Emigration.
Eligibility Requirements For Sri Lanka Visa From Dubai
A visa may be issued by the Sri Lankan diplomatic mission in Dubai to any person who satisfies the following requirements:
- The person must be found suitable to enter Sri Lanka
- The purpose for which one is entering Sri Lanka must be approved
- Availability of sufficient funds to stay in Sri Lanka including payment of return passage
- Availability of a return ticket or a visa to your next country of destination
Those eligible for visa exemptions include those who hold Sri Lankan dual citizenship, children under 21 years of age born to Sri Lankan parents and whose births have been registered, children under 21 years of age born to Sri Lankan parents in Sri Lanka but who now live abroad.
Types of Sri Lankan Visas For Travelers From Dubai
Travelers wishing to visit Sri Lanka from Dubai may obtain any of the following visas.
In order to apply for a Sri Lankan tourist visa, you must be traveling for one or several of these purposes:
- Excursions, holidaying, sightseeing, and relaxation
- Visiting your friends or relatives
- Medical treatments that include yoga and Ayurveda treatments
- Participating in sporting activities or cultural events
Travelers can get a short-term tourist visa if they are staying for less than 30 days in Sri Lanka or a long-term tourist visa if they intend to stay in Sri Lanka for more than 30 days.
To obtain a Sri Lankan business visa, you must be traveling for one or several of these purposes:
- Attending business meetings or negotiations
- Attending workshops, seminars, and conferences
- Participating in music, dance events or art
- Attending short-term training programs
- Participating in symposiums and religious events
Other types of Sri Lankan Visas available for Dubai travelers include:
- Diplomatic and official visa
- Journalist visa
- Residence Visa
- Transit visa
Visitors traveling to Sri Lanka from Dubai for any or several of the above mention purposes must obtain an ETA to travel to any part of Sri Lanka. A valid ETA can be obtained online after successfully completing a simple and straightforward online application form.
[arve url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z9kfIkxcxA” align=”center” /]